This training is meant for booking agents, artist managers, promoters, venue or festival curators, label managers, facilitators. The goal is to train a new group of skilled world music professionals in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia, and provide them with professional skills, network and international experience to work with artists from the region and represent them on the global market.
Please note that the working language of the project is English.
What we offer:
- 7-day long training course on cultural management (date and venue will be confirmed soon) with experienced and renowned trainers
- participation and training at WOMEX 2020 in Budapest
- paid fellowships and one-on-one mentorship program for 10 selected participants at the most prominent organisations of the world music scene
- networking opportunities with Western-European music professionals and artists from the Balkans
What we cover:
- for training course: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip) and accommodation
- for WOMEX 2020: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip), accommodation and registration fee
- for the fellowship: scholarship of 500 eur/week (min 2 – max 4 weeks)
- motivation and interest of the applicant based on motivation letter and occasional interview
- previous experience and education
- relevance of the program for their career
- diversity of selected trainees by geography
- diversity of selected trainees by background (e.g. academic, work experience etc.)
- diversity of selected trainees by field of interest (e.g. specific skills, workfield, agent etc.)
- diversity of selected trainees by sub-scenes in world music (e.g. brass, vocal, sevdah, etc.)
How to apply?
Please fill the application form below
Activities in the program:
1, CALL: An open call will be announced for young managers and professionals, to apply for the Management Training Program.
2, SELECTION: The board as a jury selects the 20 invited trainees and informs them about the upcoming events.
3, MANAGEMENT TRAINING: At the beginning of autumn emerging managers get a week-long training on cultural management.
4, WOMEX 2020: Besides attending the concerts and the conference, trainees will have the chance to meet the artists of Balkan Music Export programme and network with all the mentors and jury members of MOST. Along with participants of Urban Policies programme, they will get additional training on project management including the following elements: how to use business solutions for musicians and bands; introduction to project management tools; project preparation; individual work; individual consultation and work-analysis; consultation with the personal professional supervisor from the field of world music.
5, FELLOWSHIPS AND MENTORING: Participants can apply for personal mentoring and paid internship placements to one of the expert partners and their organization. Each organization – based on the motivation letters and professional background of the applicants – will select one or two participants for placement and mentoring, 10 trainees in total.
MOST provides training for booking agents, artist managers, promoters, venue or festival curators, label managers and facilitators. The goal is to equip them with the necessary skills, tools and network to represent the region’s artists in the global market, and build a sustainable creative environment for world music. Trainers include accomplished professionals with an extensive set of skills, network and international experience.
Would you like to know more?
If you have any questions, please contact us by writing to the email@example.com email address.
2020. 02. 03.
APPLY TO MOST!
Are you an artist, festival organizer, artist manager or urban creative from the Balkans? Do you want to expand your horizons, perform, network and make connections in the international world music scene? MOST has programs for actors of the music scene in the Balkans, from artists to festival managers, bookers, agents, activists and urban creatives. […]read more
2020. 02. 05.
FACES BEHIND MOST
“We want to show the world the hidden side of the Balkans.” Hangvető is the leading partner of the MOST consortium, who came up with the initial ideas and carry out coordination. We introduce two colleagues, András Lelkes and Balázs Weyer, and their motivation to create MOST – a bridge for Balkan Music. “The Balkans […]read more