We hereby inform all applicants that the deadline for submitting applications for this call has expired.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Management Training Programme. Results will be published until 1 July 2020.
Important information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation:
In view of the current international situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) we would like to clarify that all the programmes that are part of MOST’s four-year project will still be going ahead, and applications are still open. Events that are affected by travel restrictions will be postponed. We will notify you of new venues and dates as soon as we have them.
This training is meant for booking agents, artist managers, promoters, venue or festival curators, label managers, facilitators. The goal is to train a new group of skilled world music professionals in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia, and provide them with professional skills, network and international experience to work with artists from the region and represent them on the global market.
Please note that the working language of the project is English.
What we offer:
- 7-day long training course on cultural management (date and venue will be confirmed soon) with experienced and renowned trainers
- participation and training at WOMEX 2020 in Budapest
- paid fellowships and one-on-one mentorship program for 10 selected participants at the most prominent organisations of the world music scene
- networking opportunities with Western-European music professionals and artists from the Balkans
What we cover:
- for training course: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip) and accommodation
- for WOMEX 2020: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip), accommodation and registration fee
- for the fellowship: scholarship of 500 eur/week (min 2 – max 4 weeks)
- motivation and interest of the applicant based on motivation letter and occasional interview
- previous experience and education
- relevance of the program for their career
- diversity of selected trainees by geography
- diversity of selected trainees by background (e.g. academic, work experience etc.)
- diversity of selected trainees by field of interest (e.g. specific skills, workfield, agent etc.)
- diversity of selected trainees by sub-scenes in world music (e.g. brass, vocal, sevdah, etc.)
How to apply?
Please fill the application form below
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
Activities in the program:
1, CALL: An open call will be announced for young managers and professionals, to apply for the Management Training Program.
2, SELECTION: The board as a jury selects the 20 invited trainees and informs them about the upcoming events.
3, MANAGEMENT TRAINING: At the beginning of autumn emerging managers get a week-long training on cultural management.
4, WOMEX 2020: Besides attending the concerts and the conference, trainees will have the chance to meet the artists of Balkan Music Export programme and network with all the mentors and jury members of MOST. Along with participants of Urban Policies programme, they will get additional training on project management including the following elements: how to use business solutions for musicians and bands; introduction to project management tools; project preparation; individual work; individual consultation and work-analysis; consultation with the personal professional supervisor from the field of world music.
5, FELLOWSHIPS AND MENTORING: Participants can apply for personal mentoring and paid internship placements to one of the expert partners and their organization. Each organization – based on the motivation letters and professional background of the applicants – will select one or two participants for placement and mentoring, 10 trainees in total.
MOST provides training for booking agents, artist managers, promoters, venue or festival curators, label managers and facilitators. The goal is to equip them with the necessary skills, tools and network to represent the region’s artists in the global market, and build a sustainable creative environment for world music. Trainers include accomplished professionals with an extensive set of skills, network and international experience.
2020. 07. 13.
We are gladly announcing the winners of the MOST Management Training Programme. The programme will equip them with the necessary skills, tools and network to represent the region’s artists in the global market, and build a sustainable creative environment for world music. Congratulations to all those young bookers and managers! Sabina Baciu from Romania András […]read more
2020. 06. 18.
Nadja Grizzo is an independent consultant for the European Capitals of Culture (ECOC) candidates and designated cities and member of the MOST steering committee. She has Italian and German background and she has been fortunate enough to travel all around the world. We talked to her about the changes surrounding us, the Balkan mentality and the success of music industry.read more
2020. 05. 19.
The application for our MOST calls is closed now. We received more than 200 applications from all over the Balkans – with beautiful music and great ideas! Thank you for applying to our programmes. As you might suspect, some program elements (such as management training in September or training course at WOMEX) are greatly affected […]read more