The Balkan Music Export stream aims to help artists, events and professionals to connect to the global music market and benefit from it. The project aims to jump-start the international career of artists in several waves. Every year, 10 artists will be enrolled in this program to receive support and greater visibility, and also to build up publicity for world music from the Balkans.
The project’s scope in the Balkan region includes the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia.
Please note that the working language of the project is English.
What we offer:
- 5-day long training course on band management and artist portfolio (date and venue will be confirmed soon)
- participation at WOMEX 2020 in Budapest
- financial support for creating a new artist portfolio (photo, video & audio materials)
- one-year long mentorship programme with the most recognised music professionals from Europe
- feature on MOST Artist Selection CD issued by Songlines, and in all WOMEX 2020 delegate bags
- potential access to a dedicated slot for a limited number of Balkan artists at WOMEX 2020
- financial contribution for participation at international showcases
- representation through MOST Artist Selection at several regional fairs
- networking with music professionals and artists from Western-Europe and from the Balkans
What we cover:
- for training course: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip/person) and accommodation – max. 2 artists/band
- for participating at WOMEX 2020: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip/person), accommodation and registration fee – max. 2 artists/band
- for new artist portfolio: 3000 eur/band
- for performing at WOMEX 2020: 3000 eur/band for WOMEX registration fee, travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip/person) and accommodation
- for international showcases: 3000 eur/band for travel and accommodation costs, and registration fees
- artist’s international potential
- diversity of selected artists by style, to match the profile of showcase events
- popularity/artistic quality
- long-term engagement with the project
- artist’s basic infrastructure (web, communication ..)
- artist’s local audience size
- quality of existing audio and video material (technical and artistically)
- diversity of selected artists by sub-scenes in world music (e.g. sevdah, brass bands, etc.)
- diversity of selected artists by gender
- diversity of selected artists by geography
How to apply?
Please fill the application form below
Activities in the program:
1, CALL: An open call will be announced for world music bands and artists, to apply to the Balkan Music Export Program.
2, SELECTION: 10 music productions will be selected by the Jury and the Mentors, then they start working with the artists.
3, MENTORSHIP: Mentors develop the steps for the artists’ marketing and management strategies, assist them in choosing the showcase festival that can have the biggest impact on the artist’s carrier, and accompany them to international events, introducing them to music managers and giving them professional advice. They act as the artists’ ‘ambassador’ in the professional world during the mentoring period.
4, TRAINING COURSE: At the beginning of autumn artists get a week-long training, based on the following elements: production; communication with audience; digital presence. The program also functions as a workshop, where artists have the chance to work closely together and inspire each other.
5, WORK ON AUDIO AND VISUAL PROMO MATERIALS: Mentors and artists work on the “press kits”, online presence and new recordings and videos. After they finish the new records, a special edition Songlines promo CD will be published along with promo videos of the bands on-line.
6, WOMEX 2020: Besides attending the concerts and the conference, artists will have the chance to meet the participants of Management Training programme and network with all the mentors and jury members of MOST. Also, they’ll have potential access to a dedicated slot for a limited number of Balkan artists at WOMEX 2020.
7, PARTICIPATION AT REGIONAL SHOWCASES: Under the mentoring program artists will have the support to be introduced in at least one major European showcase. Three of the partner organizations will also invite 3-3 artists to their own festivals: BOZAR in Brussels, Budapest Ritmo and WOMEX. Also, dedicated professionals will represent all the selected artists at regional fairs.
Showcase artists selected for the program will get professional training and mentoring, assistance with artist portfolio and access to major professional and networking events. The artists will be chosen via a thorough and transparent selection process, and will be featured at the Balkan Showcase in Novi Sad in 2021, and at the MOST Showcase event in 2023.
Would you like to know more?
If you have any questions, please contact us by writing to the email@example.com email address.
2020. 02. 03.
APPLY TO MOST!
Are you an artist, festival organizer, artist manager or urban creative from the Balkans? Do you want to expand your horizons, perform, network and make connections in the international world music scene? MOST has programs for actors of the music scene in the Balkans, from artists to festival managers, bookers, agents, activists and urban creatives. […]read more
2020. 02. 05.
FACES BEHIND MOST
“We want to show the world the hidden side of the Balkans.” Hangvető is the leading partner of the MOST consortium, who came up with the initial ideas and carry out coordination. We introduce two colleagues, András Lelkes and Balázs Weyer, and their motivation to create MOST – a bridge for Balkan Music. “The Balkans […]read more