Open Call for Artists
The MOST Music – Balkan Music Export program supports world music artists and bands from the Balkans region. Are you ready to jump start your international career? Read on!
What do we offer?
- Upgrading your artist portfolio, including your photo and video materials
- Guaranteed showcasing opportunities at the most relevant European showcase festivals
- 1-year-long mentorship programme with the most recognised music professionals from Europe
- 5-day-long training course
- Feature on the MOST Selection CD issued by Songlines, promoted via the WOMEX 23 special issue
- Performing opportunity for a number of selected bands at the Balkan:MOST showcase, held in Veszprém, Hungary, the European Capital of Culture in 2023
- Networking opportunities with music professionals and artists from Western Europe and from the Balkans
- Lifetime membership to a vibrant professional community
Who can apply?
- We are looking for solo artists or groups
- Applicants must be from the 9 target countries of the MOST Music project
- This is a long-term program for those who are ready for international promotion.
How to apply?
- Please make sure to read the Call Text before applying.
- You may find the Application Guide useful.
- The final, 3rd round of applications close at midnight, Sunday, 11 September 2022.
- The call closure time is subject to change. Please stay up to date by following MOST on social media
- Subscribe to our newsletter (scroll down to the footer) to never miss any MOST news!
In the Balkan Music Export pillar, we are constantly looking for new talent among the Balkan region’s world musicians. The program consists of 3 rounds, and in each round we select up to 12 artists who we promote to international audiences.
From niche to mainstream
Balkan world music is a treasury of untapped potential. Although the region is ripe with talent, funding and international networking channels are often not open for artists outside of the European Union. MOST was created to change this. With the support of Creative Europe, the EU’s cultural framework programme, MOST is looking for artists who are already well established in their region, but want international success.
From local to international
In the first two rounds of the Balkan Music Export project, we’ve had many success stories. The Amir Meskovic & Daniel Lazar Duo and Oratnitza were selected for the WOMEX 20 Showcase, playing online for thousands in the first stream edition of the festival. NAKED, a well-known and beloved Serbian band was featured in WOMEX 21, marking the first live MOST showcase concert at WOMEX. The Bosnian sevdah band, Divanhana produced an amazing new album with MOST Music’s support that reached the top of the European and Transglobal World Music Charts. Last but not least, Rodjenice and NAiRUZ was selected for the prestigious Budapest Ritmo Showcase festival.
Meet the Balkan Music Export artists
True, unadulterated talent, and gallons of untapped potential, ready for international attention – check out the selection of amazing bands and artists that were selected for the first two rounds of the Balkan Music Export pillar of the MOST Music project.See the Artists