This two-phase program aims to boost cooperation in cities between policy makers and urban creatives across the Balkan region. It supports creative urban initiatives by assisting selected projects connecting the creative sector and urban communities, and their implementation. The calls are meant for tandems: pairs of urban creatives and policy makers. In the first phase urban creatives (individuals) can apply for the call. Following the selection, the selected urban creatives will receive training and assistance from their mentor for further development. Projects will then be presented by the tandem (urban creative + policy maker), and in the second phase of the program, winning initiatives will be implemented in their respective cities. Apart from the implemented projects trainings, public discussions and extensive policy suggestions will result from MOST’s urban pilot program.
The project’s scope in the Balkan region includes the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia.
Please note that the working language of the project is English.
What we offer:
- up to 5000 eur support in the second phase of the project, for the best 6 applicants from the selected 12 tandems, for the implementation of their local project activities
- 5-day long training course on cultural management and urban policies (date and venue will be confirmed soon)
- presentation of the project to the most recognised music professionals and decision-makers (alongside WOMEX between 21-25 October, Budapest, Hungary)
- one-on-one mentorship programme for the best 6 applicants with the most recognised music professionals from Europe
- networking opportunities with international music professionals
What we cover:
- for training course: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip) and accommodation for one member of the tandem
- for presentation in Budapest: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip) and accommodation for both members of the tandem
- connection to existing local policies
- growth potential of the proposed initiative
- possible policy impact of the initiative
How to apply?
Please fill the application form below
Activities in the program:
1, CALL: An open call will be announced for urban projects.
2, SELECTION: The board as a jury selects 12 urban creatives (policymakers can be selected by urban creatives).
3, MANAGEMENT TRAINING: The aim of this training element is to raise awareness and set good examples of urban policies connected to the music and creative industry in the Balkans.
4, WOMEX 2020: After working with the mentors, 12 tandems are coming together to receive an additional project management training and finalize their proposal, which will be presented alongside WOMEX in Budapest in front of EU experts, policy representatives and invited guests from organizations like Eurocities. 6 of the proposals will be selected for further support (up to 5.000 €).
5, IMPLEMENTATION OF MINI PROJECTS, MENTORSHIP AND PROJECT VISITS: Every winning project gets a mentor to assist them throughout their program and its implementation. A short guideline and a know-how collection will be created for the implemented projects on collaboration between policy makers, city representatives and the music professionals for further use.
MOST will act as an incubator for projects connecting the music sector and cities. We will help develop and implement initiatives that draw the ties between the creative sector and the region’s urban environments closer. Policy suggestions, training and mentoring programs will serve the same purpose.
Would you like to know more?
If you have any questions, please contact us by writing to the email@example.com email address.
2020. 02. 03.
APPLY TO MOST!
Are you an artist, festival organizer, artist manager or urban creative from the Balkans? Do you want to expand your horizons, perform, network and make connections in the international world music scene? MOST has programs for actors of the music scene in the Balkans, from artists to festival managers, bookers, agents, activists and urban creatives. […]read more
2020. 02. 05.
FACES BEHIND MOST
“We want to show the world the hidden side of the Balkans.” Hangvető is the leading partner of the MOST consortium, who came up with the initial ideas and carry out coordination. We introduce two colleagues, András Lelkes and Balázs Weyer, and their motivation to create MOST – a bridge for Balkan Music. “The Balkans […]read more