We hereby inform all applicants that the deadline for submitting applications for this call has expired.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Urban Policies Programme. Results will be published until 1 July 2020.
Important information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation:
In view of the current international situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) we would like to clarify that all the programmes that are part of MOST’s four-year project will still be going ahead, and applications are still open. Events that are affected by travel restrictions will be postponed. We will notify you of new venues and dates as soon as we have them.
This two-phase program aims to boost cooperation in cities between policy makers and urban creatives across the Balkan region. It supports music-related urban initiatives by assisting selected projects connecting the music sector and urban communities, and their implementation. The calls are meant for tandems: pairs of urban creatives and policy makers. In the first phase urban creatives (individuals) can apply for the call. Following the selection, the selected urban creatives will receive training and assistance from their mentor for further development. Projects will then be presented by the tandem (urban creative + policy maker), and in the second phase of the program, winning initiatives will be implemented in their respective cities. Apart from the implemented projects trainings, public discussions and extensive policy suggestions will result from MOST’s urban pilot program.
The project’s scope in the Balkan region includes the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia.
Please note that the working language of the project is English.
What we offer:
- up to 5000 eur support in the second phase of the project, for the best 6 applicants from the selected 12 tandems, for the implementation of their local project activities
- 5-day long training course on cultural management and urban policies (date and venue will be confirmed soon)
- presentation of the project to the most recognised music professionals and decision-makers (alongside WOMEX between 21-25 October, Budapest, Hungary)
- one-on-one mentorship programme for the best 6 applicants with the most recognised music professionals from Europe
- networking opportunities with international music professionals
What we cover:
- for training course: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip) and accommodation for one member of the tandem
- for presentation in Budapest: travel costs (up to 150 eur/roundtrip) and accommodation for both members of the tandem
- connection to existing local policies
- growth potential of the proposed initiative
- possible policy impact of the initiative
How to apply?
Please fill the application form below
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
Activities in the program:
1, CALL: An open call will be announced for urban projects.
2, SELECTION: The board as a jury selects 12 urban creatives (policymakers can be selected by urban creatives).
3, MANAGEMENT TRAINING: The aim of this training element is to raise awareness and set good examples of urban policies connected to the music and creative industry in the Balkans.
4, WOMEX 2020: After working with the mentors, 12 tandems are coming together to receive an additional project management training and finalize their proposal, which will be presented alongside WOMEX in Budapest in front of EU experts, policy representatives and invited guests from organizations like Eurocities. 6 of the proposals will be selected for further support (up to 5.000 €).
5, IMPLEMENTATION OF MINI PROJECTS, MENTORSHIP AND PROJECT VISITS: Every winning project gets a mentor to assist them throughout their program and its implementation. A short guideline and a know-how collection will be created for the implemented projects on collaboration between policy makers, city representatives and the music professionals for further use.
MOST will act as an incubator for projects connecting the music sector and cities. We will help develop and implement initiatives that draw the ties between the creative sector and the region’s urban environments closer. Policy suggestions, training and mentoring programs will serve the same purpose.
2020. 05. 19.
ALL CALLS ARE NOW CLOSED
The application for our MOST calls is closed now. We received more than 200 applications from all over the Balkans – with beautiful music and great ideas! Thank you for applying to our programmes. As you might suspect, some program elements (such as management training in September or training course at WOMEX) are greatly affected […]read more
2020. 05. 14.
MOST MUSIC TALKS
Lockdown? Shutdown? How can we, music industry people in the Balkans and beyond mitigate the effects of this unprecedented crisis? We are launching MOST Music Talks to keep you updated and help us keep the faith. Each discussion will be themed, with a couple of guest speakers and our moderators Balázs Weyer and Dejan Vujinović […]read more
2020. 05. 13.
BEST PRACTICES FOR URBAN CALLS
The Pilot for Urban Policy call is still open for ideas for boosting the music in your cities. The calls are meant for tandems: pairs of urban creatives and policy makers. In the first phase now urban creatives (individuals) can apply for the call. Deadline is 17 May – you can still send your application […]read more