Bulgarian Music Association
Bulgarian Music Association is the biggest representative music organization in Bulgaria. Its main aim is to create the appropriate and efficient cultural environment the Bulgarian performing artists deserve.
The Association was established in 2012 by a group of 49 most influential and well known around Europe and the USA Bulgarian musicians in popular genres jazz, pop and rock. The aim of the founders was to develop a representative music organization with a mission to create the appropriate and efficient cultural environment the Bulgarian performing artists deserve. Today Bulgarian Music Association has more than 650 members – professional musicians of all music genres including rock, jazz, pop, metal, classics, traditional, ethno and world music, electronic music, etc.
BMA Mission is to
- express their opinion regarding the cultural environment and legislation problems, to defend their right to work and to create and perform music safely in our country;
- be a moderator and a mediator between the music performing artists, on one side, and the state and municipality institutions, on the other;
- inform and educate our members and all Bulgarian music performing artists about the new opportunities the 21st century’s globalisations and technologies can propose;
- participate as an organization and to support the participation of our members in a wide spectrum of music and cultural projects on a national, regional and international level;
- develop and to expand Bulgarian Music Association partners network around the world, the Balkans region and in the country as well.